Makes you think about Bee’s differently! Reality is, it is up to us as beekeepers to ensure that our livestock overall care is managed responsibly. One of the best ways to do that is by an oxalic acid bee treatment to prevent Varroa mites.
What Is Oxalic Acid?
- Oxalic acid is a natural compound that occurs in many plants and even honey. It acts as a natural repellant.
- Oxalic acid is made up of four oxygen, two hydrogen, and two carbon molecules.
- For beekeeping, oxalic acid comes in the form of a colorless solid powder that dissolves in water. It can also be used in cleaning applications, so it’s important to use it correctly to avoid harming your bees.
- It’s a relatively new approved mite treatment and is inexpensive. This makes it a great option for many beekeepers.
– Courtesy of Minneopa Orchards – Fruits & Vegetable Gardening
BAH takes pride in carrying for our bee’s to ensure their health, and happiness.